Thursday, October 2, 2008

Business Trip to Cabo


Holly & I recently went to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Holly was presenting at the district meeting of ACOG and I went along as a supportive spouse. This was the first time in our marriage that we traveled on a business trip that was for my wife. For years we have traveled to national conventions and other meetings of mine, but now I was in the supportive spouse role and it was nice! Of course the location helped make it very enjoyable as well, what can I say? My 35th Birthday just happened to fall the week we were gone and I spent 4 heavenly hours that day playing the Desert Course at Cabo del Sol all by myself. Besides the marshal, the drink cart lady & a wild jack rabbit, I did not see a soul until the 17th hole. Later that night Holly & I traveled into the city of Cabo to take a sunset cruise that took us out to Land's End, the Arch and the Pacific Ocean. Not a bad 35th B-Day if you ask me. God's blessings have been many for the Ford family this year. Being a pastor who is married to an OB/GYN physician and has an 11 month old daughter, I find life very busy, full and blessed. These small moments of rest & relaxation away from the hustle and bustle of the "real world" are priceless. Regardless of where we spend those moments, let us not take them for granted and appreciate them for what they are.

1 comment:

Friar Tuck said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I am a little bit jealous